Entertainment areas are often in the kitchen and living room or in the backyard, but how about creating a home theater? It’s a great area way to spend quality time with your family and friends while watching a film, show, sporting event, or concert. With the beauty of various streaming and home theater seating options, you can entertain your loved ones for hours.
Here are some tips on how to create your home theater
- Insulate the room to keep the sound contained
- Pre-wire surround sound
- Invest in great speakers and mount them as high as you can
- Keep seats away from walls and speakers
- Buy AppleTV or Firestick to stream your shows
- Add dimmers for good lighting
- Invest in classic films to share your collection with family and friends
- Add a bar with various beverages (including non-alcoholic ones)
There are so many beautiful design styles you can use but keep with the theme of your home facade. If you have a traditional home, you can use an old-world opera house concept. If you have a contemporary home, add a more minimalist design to convert your contemporary “TV” room into a home theater experience.
Soft lighting, deep rich wood textures would make a great area for seating your guests to enjoy cinema. An eating area for the seats is also a great touch and allows for a beautiful dining experience while enjoying the show. You can even add a theater curtain in front of your modern screen to really give that old cinematic touch. Before creating your home theater, take a look at a good 20 different designs to see which options will work best with your space.